Pearson Online Academy is an accredited private online school for K-12 students, brought to you by experts in virtual learning. To enable students around the world to achieve academic excellence through an affordable, high-quality online education that emphasizes college readiness.
Who is the school for?
The Pearson Online Academy student body has diversified to include students with a wide range of interests and academic abilities. Energetic students from across the United States and abroad engage in learning through this high-quality private online school.
Here are just a few of the many reasons parents choose an international school such as Pearson Online Academy for their children:
- International students bound for college
- Families who value flexibility
- Location – attend from any location with an internet connection
- Varied academic needs
- Students who want to get rich
- Homeschooling Families
Fully accredited private online school
Accreditation ensures that Pearson Online Academy programs, curriculum, and teachers meet and maintain high educational standards, and that student work at Pearson Online Academy will be recognized by other schools and universities.Pearson Online Academy is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools (MSA). Pearson Online Academy is also accredited by the following accreditation divisions of Cognia, formerly AdvancED:
- Council on Accreditation and School Improvement of the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS CASI)
- The North West Accrediting Commission (NWAC)
- The North Central Association Commission on Accrediting and School Improvement (NCA CASI)
NCAA Approved Courses
In addition to our institution-wide accreditations, many core Pearson Online Academy high school courses are approved by the NCAA Eligibility Center.
With personalized learning plans and access to teachers and guidance counselors, Pearson Online Academy students have the flexibility and support they need to succeed in all facets of their lives. The fully accredited English-language education program promotes academic achievement and personal development at every age.Elementary students build a foundation for success by developing skills in reading, writing, and math. Using hands-on teaching resources, teachers also integrate science, social studies, technology, art, and fitness to provide a well-rounded core curriculum. Students can further explore their interests with home experiences, activities, clubs, and electives, such as world languages and music.High school students sharpen their language, arts, math, and critical thinking skills through a mix of online and offline work. They also deepen their understanding of history and science. Elective classes and exciting clubs help students learn new skills, experience art in everyday life, and explore new technologies. Gifted students can even start earning high school credits earlier.*In addition to taking courses in math, science, English and basic social studies, high school students can explore their passions with electives in subjects such as marine science, game design and the languages of the world. College-headed students can challenge themselves with honors and Advanced Placement® (AP®) courses† and can also earn college credits while still in high school.
What is Personalized Performance Learning®?
At Pearson Online Academy, education is personalized to each student’s individual abilities to give each student the best chance to thrive. Customizing a student’s learning program is not a one-time process; it’s in progress. Students, learning coaches/parents, and teachers connect throughout the year to review progress, modify the student’s personalized education plan, and adjust goals as needed. Here’s a bit more about how we go about customizing a student’s education plan:
- Review of student backgrounds and learning styles: teachers, learning coaches, and students discuss students’ strengths, skills, and previous academic performance to help inform and guide the best teaching approach and personalized e-learning.
- Test performance: Students are tested in math, reading, and English/language arts at the beginning, middle, and end of each school year. A student’s test results help us identify strengths and weaknesses, measure progress, and set learning goals.
- Finding the Right Courses and Placement: Tests and assessments are used to identify and assess a student’s strengths, weaknesses, and talents. Discover skills that may need improvement, then look for ways to improve the student’s learning potential. All of this information is then used to help select courses based on the student’s individual needs.
- Goal setting: Teachers and learning coaches work together to set goals for the student and determine a timeline to achieve those individualized learning goals during the school year.
- Communicate regularly: When school starts, learning coaches and teachers establish a regular communication schedule for the personalized learning plan, based on the needs of the student.
- Schedule Modifications and Electives (K–8): Throughout the year, teachers customize the learning schedule. They learn about the student’s daily routines and make adjustments to the student’s online learning schedule as needed. They can also decide to add an elective course.
An exceptional online learning experience
At Pearson Online Academy, pride is derived from the exceptional academic experience and supportcommunity. Parents are closely involved in the education of their students and students have the freedom to take lessons from anywhere in the world. The school offers proven online learning technology, flexible coursework, and self-paced learning to allow students to pursue a variety of virtual clubs, socializing opportunities, and extracurricular activities.
High quality virtual classroom technology
Pearson Online Academy believes educational technology works best when it makes learning engaging and meaningful. That’s why many of our own innovative and interactive virtual tools and resources are developed in-house.Pearson Online Classroom is where virtual learning takes place. Students can access a rigorous curriculum, complete assignments, interact with teachers, and collaborate with peers around the world. It includes everything families will need to structure their child’s education, help them progress academically, and keep them engaged in a safe learning space.Pearson Online Academy is all about connecting, not only with academics, but also with other students and families. Here are some of the ways Pearson Online Academy students regularly communicate with other members of the virtual learning community:
- Interact with teachers and classmates in real-time online classrooms.
- Receive one-on-one support from caring teachers via phone, email and online chats.
- Share their interests with other Pearson Online Academy students around the world through secure discussion forums, class projects, and student socialization opportunities.
The academies’ various online clubs* for elementary through high school students offer all of our students the opportunity to deepen their learning and engagement in topics of interest while building friendships with students around the world. When students join clubs, they interact with a diverse student body.* Subject to agreement with the administrator
Elective courses and activities
Pearson Online Academy offers private school electives and online activities to provide young students with a comprehensive educational experience. Elective courses cover a wide range of topics from learning a global language to mastering life skills to appreciating the arts. Many activities and clubs also offer students the opportunity to learn by doing. As students progress through the school to different grades, they also become increasingly independent in their studies and begin to take more responsibility for their learning.As students enter high school, the school’s 9- to 12-year-old education offers a college-preparatory private study program that is fine-tuned to launch each student into a successful future and also offers :
- Specialization courses and Advanced Placement® (AP®)*
- NCAA Approved Courses for Student-Athletes
Clubs and Societies
Groups and clubs for online elementary, middle and high school students are all part of the comprehensive Pearson Online Academy student experience. Clubs include:
- arts and crafts club
- Authors’ Corner
- Gaming and Technology Club
- Leaders Club
- scientific detectives
Bringing students together, sparking their passions and guiding them towards a prosperous future are the goals of these student engagement activities.
Website – https://www.pearsononlineacademy.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PearsonOnlineAcademy
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/pearsononlineacademy
Toll Free: 1-833-503-1834
Email: [email protected]
©2022 Re:locate Magazine, published by Profile Locations, Spray Hill, Hastings Road, Lamberhurst, Kent TN3 8JB. All rights reserved. This publication (or any part of it) may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of Profile Locations. Profile Locations accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the content or opinions expressed herein.